Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On Holidays This Week - Survivor Series - Few Things

Well first off sorry for the lack of blogging over the past half week or so. On Saturday morning, I headed back home to Edmonton for the long weekend, and now I have holidays for the rest of the week. I won't be able to call the webcast tonight when the Klippers host Battlefords in their final game of the regular season. The game may mean nothing in the standings, but I will tell you this I was very impressed with the intensity level on Friday's game in Battlefords so I would expect the same from both teams tonight to close off the season. After this game the Klippers will have a very long break and won’t start their playoff series vs Weyburn until March 4th. No playoff dates out yet, but I expect the Klippers and Weyburn playoff dates to be released very soon. The long break will give the Klippers players a chance to rest up and be ready to go come playoff time. A few players are banged up at the moment, and D Jay McGrath and Jesse Mysiorek should be 100 % come playoff time. After tonight’s game against Battlefords the players will head home for a nice break away from hockey for a few days.

As for the series itself, seems like it’s so far away at this point. I will get up a full in depth series preview sometime this week once the dates are released. For now I would love to hear some predictions on the Klippers series and also some of the other playoff series, including the survivor series. I will give my predictions on the survivor series now and get to a full playoff preview once the season officially wraps up tonight.

Battlefords vs Flin Flon - Stars in 5 - These teams are very familiar with each other; they have met 3 times in a row in the past little span here in basically a playoff matchup preview. The Stars took 2 out of 3. I like the Stars in this series because they can score a ton of goals. Their back end puts up a ton of points and their offense will be too much for Flin Flon to handle. I do though still think the Bombers have a chance depending on how good P.J Musico plays. He could certainly steal this one from the Stars, but I still like the Stars chances.

Estevan vs Melville - Bruins in 4 - The Bruins should have no problem with Melville. I love the young talent on the Mills, but in a playoff series I don’t think they have enough. The Bruins are too big, strong and physical. They are a scary team in the playoffs due to the style of play they possess. I don’t think Melville can hang with the Bruins physically so I’m going with the Bruins in 4. The Bruins also have home ice, and their barn is probably the hardest for opposing teams to play at in the SJHL.

Do you agree or disagree??

No comments:

Post a Comment