Friday, September 23, 2011

A Few Pre Game Hits

- First off I was very surprised when I first heard about the Casey Rogers trade. I was actually in the press box working on setting up the encoder and webcast while the Klippers were practicing. I seen Rogers leave the ice during practice and didn't really think to much of it. It wasn't until I seen him carrying his bag out of the arena that I new something was up.

- The trade to me was also a surprise because I thought Rogers was going to have a big season. I know he prepared hard in the offseason to get stronger and he certainly was showing that through the early going of the season. With Rogers you know what your going to get, he will have a few turnovers in the game but he will also create a number of high quality scoring chances. I want to wish Casey the best of luck because I know he loved everything about Kindersley and really wanted to play here this season. He was a good friend to many of the players and a good friend of mine aswell. A few of the players were upset about the deal but in hockey you cant let something like this rattle you, trades happen all the time. I had a quick chat with Casey Rogers last night and he wanted me to pass along that he thanks everyone in Kindersley for making his time an enjoyable one here.

Here is a message Rogers posted on his Facebook, " From the bottom of my heart i would like to thank the Klippers organization as well as the town of Kindersley for everything they have done for me. Without you all I would be nowhere near the position I am now! I did not want to leave but and moving forward with a positive attitude. But again Tisdales, Klippers organization, and the town of Kindersley... Thank you for all the memories I soon wont forget.  "

- I don't really know alot about Troy Gedny but I know that Okotoks were the ones that made the call to Kindersley requesting Casey Rogers. A few of the Klippers have played with or against Gedny in the past and told me he is a stud and has potential to be one of the better defenseman in this league. I am not sure at the moment if he will suit up tonight for Kindersley.

- In terms of Bosovich I do believe he arrived in Kindersley this morning. No word yet on if he will suit up tonight for Kindersley. I will know more this afternoon.

- Chris Forsman and Kevin Edgerton will be behind the bench tonight for Kindersley as Rockie Zinger is the best man in a wedding tonight. I know Rockie was upset about having to miss the game, but when your named the best man in a wedding you have to be there.

- In terms of tonight's webcast, we have received the encorder. I am going to be running some tests this afternoon and hoping I have all the equipment needed to broadcast tonight. I likely wont know until after 5 if we will be good to go. If I get it up and running then you will be able to catch the cast, if I cant then I will be hoping on MBC radio with the voice of the Ice Wolves Daniel Fink for some color commentary.

- 5 of the Kindersley Klippers took part in last nights goose festival plucking event. We ended up having to pluck chickens instead due to the limited amount of geese we had. Jesse Mysiorek looked liked a season vet out there as he was crowned the 2011 chicken plucking champion. Taylor Wasden also won the potato peeling contest. Other players that participated were Taylor Duzan, Jordon Hoffman and D Jay McGrath. More pics can be viewed on the Klippers Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kindersley-Junior-Klippers/260869413939523


Check back for tonights lineup and a pregame report later this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. So what radio station will game be on if not on webcast

    ReplyDelete