Sunday, September 4, 2011

Your CalFrac Klippers Post Game Report : Updated With Post Game Interviews


This post game report is brought to you by CalFrac Well Services.

First off the crowd at the WCEC was awesome for a preseason game, and I think we will see much larger crowds this season.

Both teams went with a young roster last night and in the end the Kindersley Klippers skated away with a 4-3 victory. The line of Colby Daniels, Landon Robin and Austin McDonald was outstanding last night. Robin and Daniels were in on each of the 4 Klipper goals and really impressed alot of people. Austin McDonald may have not got 4 points on the night but he also had a solid game and compliments those two players very well. I really could see those 3 all sticking with the club, but they will need to continue to do what they are doing for the rest of the preseason.

On the back end, Morgan Eaton was a standout, he just seems to make all the right plays and never really get out of position. He is a strong kid to and made two big hits last night that would of certainly been your hit of the game on the broadcast.

Brett Blatz also was impressive last night, hes a big kid who can move the puck well. I think he really started to settle in last night and makes a really good first pass on the breakout. A dman that can skate and make a good first pass is what most clubs look for in a defenseman and he certainly has those tangibles.

In net Justin McDonald had a really solid game. He looks confident in net which I think will go a long way for him this season. He allowed one goal in half a games works before Schawchuk came in for the second half of the game. In terms of Schawchuk I thought he played well to. He was composed for his first SJHL game action, and made a few big saves. The only thing I noticed is he may need to work on his rebound control but other then that I think he has the makings of being a solid goaltender.

Overall I liked what I seen from alot of the rookies, however the way Daniels, Robin and McDonald played its going to be tough for some of the other young forwards up front to crack a spot. A few will need to step up their games in tomorrow nights preseason action.

Here is the Klippers scoring summary :

1. Daniels - Robin
2. Robin - Daniels
3. Daniels - Robin, McDonald
4. Robin - Daniels, Nelson

Post game interviews:

Colby Daniels by Ullsy
Ladon Robin by Ullsy
Chris Forsman by Ullsy

In terms of releases I believe a few might have been made after last nights game. I hope to get an updated depth chart sometime today up on the blog once I get confirmation.

Enojoy the football game today, I know I like to take my jabs at the Riders on the blog but for some reason I think they will win today. I feel they just have alot of positive energy that will only translate into good things on the field this afternoon. I have been wrong on the Riders many times this season though so we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment