Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Series Shifts To Weyburn - Wees Gets 2 Games

To recap what has happened, the SJHL has made its decisions on the suspensions for what had happened at the end of game two. Riley Down and Lucas Ulmer initially received two game suspensions for their gross misconducts. This morning the league ruled further action on Weyburn dman TJ Wees suspending him for two games for his hit on Jesse Mysiorek.  I do not agree with the suspension only being two games but I will not comment further as I know the league is likely watching my comments. I will leave it open for the fans from both sides to discuss.

 As for Dwight McMillan the league didn’t rule any sort of discipline for his alleged incident with Klippers trainer Kim Leonard. Just to clear things up like I have said all along I did not see what happened in that incident and earlier had reported what I had been told from sources. The incident was completely up in the air and no one really knows exactly what happened. As the voice of the Klippers when asked the question on various radio shows yesterday, I was doing my job and had spoke about what I had heard happened, and yes my sources were from the Klippers side so It may have made the incident worse that it may have really been. I will leave this incident at that and we will move on to game three tonight.

In light of everything that has happened there still is a game to play tonight and the series could drastically change as it shifts to Weyburn's barn. I think the best hockey has yet to be played in this series. The Klippers certainly did their part taking games one and two at home, but as the old saying goes you aren’t in trouble in a series until you loose a game at home. That is certainly the case tonight. The Klippers can almost all but certain put Weyburn to bed tonight with a win, but on the other side a Weyburn win can open up this series completely. I do think a good hockey game will be played tonight in Weyburn. Their is no doubt about it that these two teams hate each other, but Weyburn needs to play hockey and for Kindersley I don't see any retaliation in sight with Wees not in the line-up.

In terms of a few line up notes, I won't speculate on injuries as it's playoffs and both teams are going to be keeping things tight knit, but it does look like a few of the rookies will draw in tonight up front.

We are heading to the morning skate, keep an update on the twitter feed in the right corner for updates if need be.

Pregame show tonight will go 7:15 on classic hits radio 1330 and 1210. If you can't make the trip to Weyburn be sure to tune in! Phil Andrews will join me on color commentary tonight. You may remember him from the home games earlier on in the season. Phil had moved to Regina for a new radio job but will be making the trip to Weyburn tonight and for game 4 aswell.

http://asx.abacast.com/kindersleyklippers-live-32.asx  Online feed for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment