Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Zinger Is Back !! Rockie Zinger Hired As Head Coach

The Zinger is back and I`m not talking about the KFC sandwich.
Rockie Zinger and the Kindersley Klippers have officially come to terms on a one year contract that will see Rockie Zinger remain as the coach for the 2011-2012 season.

I have known about the Klippers desire to bring back Zinger for some time now but there were a few things that needed to be ironed out before the deal could be announced.

I think this is a great move to bring back Rockie. His record speaks for itself in the regular season. The playoffs may not have went the way the Klippers had desired but like I mentioned at the seasons end I certainly didn't think the result against Yorkton had anything to do with the coaching.

Rockie will have a chance to build his team for the upcoming season and already has some great assets returning into the fold.

I had a chance to speak with Rockie this afternoon. You can hear that conversation in bold below. He talks about the honor of being the 8th Klipper coach in franchise history, what he has in store for the upcoming off season, addresses the Dayton Reinboldt trade and talks about bringing in an assistant coach in the short future....

Rockie Zinger Hired

Feel free to comment on the Klippers decision, I know all the players that I have talked to are on board and excited to play for Rockie in the coming season.

1 comment:

  1. Finalllllllllllly................The Rock, has come back to Kindersley!

    Congratulations and best of luck to the Klippers

    ReplyDelete