Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Locker Talk

Might start doing this more often, blog and hit on a bunch of tidbits.

-----

First thing regarding the Klipper website. Things are starting to get more up to date. I have uploaded the most recent Klippers stories such as Klippers camp, the Reinboldt trade, the Sonntag scholarship and more.

I have updated the 2011 Kash Kalender winners and am hoping to get everything else up to date in the near future. Many of you have voiced some input for the website on the blog which is great. From here on out I can tell you the future stories will certainly be updated as soon as possible. Some of the past stuff however is tough. I am looking into finding pictures of older events but that is tough to come around. From here on out though I will bring a camera to every Klipper event of function I am at and snap a bunch of pictures for the website.

------

Another thing regarding the website is the new poll question which has gotten a ton of action. In terms of results on the website Hoffman is leading by a large amount where as on the blog Wasden is edging out Hoffman. I think both would be great captains. I will leave the poll up for a few more days and then publish the full results and give my own opinion on who I feel should be the Klippers captain. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Klippers announcement come down the pine here very shortly which could be the naming of the next captain. Rockie Zinger mentioned to me that some big news could come out this week so keep your eyes on the blog and the twitter feed.

-----

The Klippers schedule has not yet been released as far as I understand. Rockie Zinger has mentioned to me that he will get it to me as soon as it's finalized. The schedule last year popped up at about this time so I would assumed over the next few days the SJHL will released the entire schedule.

-----

A few other sporting tidbits. I am really excited for this weekends NHL entry draft. I am an Oilers fan and it just so happens that they have the # 1 pick. I honestly have no idea what the Oilers will do as their is all kinds of rumors floating around. Some options include trading the first overall pick to move down a few slots, or even having the Oilers acquiring another top ten pic. The Oilers have a ton of young talent that could interest teams and they also hold the 19th and 31st overall pics.

One thing forsure is that if the Oilers keep the first overall pick which I think they will, they will have to take RNH, their is no doubt about that in my mind.

Hall- Hopkins - Eberle will be a dynamite line for many years to come.

One more interesting note from the Oilers is the Ryan Smyth rumors. I would love to see this happen. Smyth can teach the young team what it is truly like to dawn an Oilers jersey. How about a second line of Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky, the 2006 cup run number one line.

Clearly a bit older now and Horcoff has had a rough few years, but this would be their second line most likely, or 1 B line potentially. Kevin Lowe owes it to the Edmonton fans to bring him back and it would also be a good look for the team as a player appears to actually want to return to Edmonton. I know Smyth denied making the request somewhat but he clearly needs to say that from a PR standpoint. Bob Mackenzie is as reliable as they come and you know for a fact he would not just pull that rumor out of a hat. Speaking of Bob MacKenzie he released his annual draft rankings last night. For what it's worth here is my top ten picks for this years draft from team by team standpoint.

1. Edmonton - RNH
2. Colorado - Gabriel Landeskog
3. Flordia - Jonathan Huberdeau
4. New Jersey - Adam Larsson
5. Islanders - Dougie Hamilton
6. Ottawa - Sean Coutier
7. Winnipeg - Ryan Strome
8. Columbus - Mika Zibanejad
9. Boston - Ryan Murphy
10. Minnesota - Sven Bartschi

------

I am loving the MLB action right now. For the most part I go in and out of the MLB season once hockey season ends. For the first month after the NHL my interest is really high , but then I usually slowly fade away as the Blue Jays usually start to struggle and my NL team the Milwaukee Brewers always stink. But this year that isn't the case as the Jays are still exciting to watch and my Brewers are leading the freaking division, shocking stuff and I hope it continues so I can actually stay interested in a full MLB season.

Thats all for now, more to come shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment