Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Hits


I will likely get some heat over this seeing as the Esks got hammered over the weekend (no comment on them but they are certainly looking like they did last year as of right now)

Ken Wasden had emailed me this and thought I would share it haha. Seems as even he has turned a new leaf and couldnt help but make fun of the Riders.



-

In terms of the Riders moves late Friday afternoon I was somewhat surprised but really shouldn't have been. Will the moves help the Riders? I think they may a bit, large in part to Darian Durant being a happy camper but I really think that this team still has a ton of holes that Mr. Miller might not be able to fix this season.

I seen a tweet from Jason Clermont towards Darian Durant over the weekend that stated Happy Birthday Darian. Sounds like he was pumped up about the firing of OC Doug Berry.

We shall see though, I don't think the coaching moves can hurt the Riders which is why I think the moves needed to be made. Tough couple of games coming up for the Riders though against the Bombers!!!

-

This past weekend the Klippers put on the towns street dance which I thought went exceptionally well. Many people in the organization and others who volunteered put in alot of effort to make the event happen. I don't want to single any one out but Brett Sautner and Wendy Kennedy did a great job as the head organizers for the event. Alot of others helped out with the event including many of the players that put in alot of hours aswell to make the event happen and I think everyone was very pleased with the result. At this time I am still waiting on the official numbers from the event but I am sure they are what everyone had expected.

-

I put up a new poll this morning. The question is what position in the Sherwood division will the Klippers finish this season?

Also feel free to comment on the blog about what you voted for.
-

A few people had commented on the blog regarding an update on Dane Muench. At this time it is still somewhat up in the air. I know he has talked to a few of the players and they have told me that he plans on reporting but I have yet to get official word from Rockie Zinger. I am working on him to release the official camp invites and will hopefully get that sometime this week.

-

At the street dance, last years team leading point getter Johnny Calkins was in attendance. It was good to see him, he is pumped up about his home town of Kyle getting to host the TSN Sportscenter broadcast tomorrow. He also informed me that he has signed a contract to play with the Luseland Mallards in the SWHL. Good to see Johnny have a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury. Kindersley fans will get to see him play a few more times at the WCEC, but this time in a Mallards jersey and in the SWHL.

-

Graham Skillter has been added to the NHL official team for the upcoming season. Many fans likely know who he is having played his minor hockey in the area and also having reffed in the SJHL. He spent time in the ECHL last year and also a few years in the WHL prior to that. I know alot of people around the community are friends with Graham., and I thought he deserved a congrats. Thanks to Jamie Flanagan for passing along the info to me!

-

Trevor Weisgerber is back with the Moose Jaw Warriors. He was officially named the clubs assistant coach. I have never met the guy but I have heard nothing but positives from players in the organization that had the chance to work with Trevor during his time coaching here in Kindersley. It's good to see him stick in the WHL.

-

In the NFL it is looking like it will be a rough go as a Cincinnati Bengals fan once again this year. I see many media members are already poking fun at the club saying they could be a threat to be a 0-16 team this year.  What I have to say to that is bring on Andrew Luck!!! As rough as it has been to be a Bengal fan over the years, I would love to see Luck throwing the ball to A.J Green for the next ten or so years.

That's it for now, keep the comments coming. Love hearing from you guys and I will try to reply to all them on the previous post!!!

Ullsy

10 comments:

  1. Loving the recent quick hits posts, great info Ulls!

    As for the poll I voted second place for the Klips. I think they will suprise some teams this season. I think Melville will win the Sherwood. Still early though alot can change come season opener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the article in the Clarion, too bad Zinger didn't say why Downer isn't coming back this year? Will miss the bash brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think Downer has settled into the work world. When #22 and #25 were pressuring dmen it was fun to watch. They didn't know which way to turn. Gonna miss ya Downer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bash Bros with Kissick in the middle was a good line when they were together.

    Come back Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ullsy, does the Saskatchewan Health plan cover group therapy treatments for Eskimo fans? You and Flanny might want to look into that!

    GO RIDERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it was nice to see the rink staff walking around the WCEC and going for a dart while the junior klips were on the ice painting lines, wow hopefully they get the union benifets too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't know how it will be ready for Klipper camp, the rink is a "dirty" shame. The staff must have taken the summer off too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me see if I have this straight. Your best tenant is doing the job you are supposed to be doing (painting lines) and the place is not spit and polished in preparation for Klipper camp? Next thing you know the players will be driving the Zamboni! Please explain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the Klips should give Rick Morrice a buzz, Eston misses the Boys. All small towns around us have real RECREATION DIRECTORS that give a shit about there facility's. Oh another one for the town(CITY) with no future,try buffing the odd tree or the odd park-NO BLOOMS for YOU. Hire some good staff not thiefs and pipe heads and oh always on coffe breaks-----WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like somebody's got some "splainin" to do. Better be putting in some long hours to get the building ready for camp. Maybe lay off the fatties and get some work done!

    ReplyDelete