Friday, March 4, 2011

SJHL Playoff Predictions

What a series that was between Estevan and Melville. It had looked like Melville was gonna pull off the upset last night building up a 2-0 lead. Estevan though would storm back and force overtime and go on to win the series on Perraults goal. All kinds of overtime action in that series. It's hard to imagine that Estevan will have anything left for their series against Yorkton. That first place advantage in the Sherwood sure looks huge right now for Yorkton and you can see why the Klippers down the stretch really wanted to catch Yorkton for first in the Sherwood.

On to my playoff predictions. I went 1 for 2 in the survivor series picks. I had Estevan to win and Battlefords.


Bauer Division


1. La Ronge Vs. 5. Flin Flon - After seeing what P.J Musico did in that series against Battlefords, I think this series will be less lopsided then I would have first thought. Musico has the potential to steal the series for the Bombers, but I don't think Flin Flon has enough to take down the best team in the SJHL. La Ronge's big guns will find a way to solve Musico.

My Pick - La Ronge in 5 games.

........

2.Melfort Vs. 3. Humboldt - The Mustangs are solid, I love the make up of their defense, Corsi is great and Brayden Metz has solidified their offense but still for some reason I am sensing an upset in this series.I could be completely wrong here and Melfort could easily walk all over the Broncos but something is telling me otherwise. Watching Humboldt in a few games down the stretch they really impressed me. I see this one going the distance.

My Pick - Humboldt in 7 games.

Sherwood Division

 1.Yorkton VS. 4.Estevan - Will be interesting to see how much gas in the tank Estevan has after their series with Melville. Estevan could come out flat or they could come out rolling. Estevan is a good physical team that could cause Yorkton some trouble. In the end though, Yorkton has been dynamite at home all season long, have a ton of fire power up front and are well rested and ready to go.

My Pick - Yorkton in 6 games.

..........

2.Kindersley VS. 3.Weyburn - I really don't want to sound like a homer here but I don't see the Klippers dropping this series. Since Rockie Zinger has took over, this team has a ridiculous record of 19-5-1. The Klippers are finally almost all healthy with the exception of D Jay, and have great depth up front. They have a bunch of twenty year olds that are desperate to win in their final year in the SJHL and a goalie that simply wins hockey games. Weyburn has a solid team, but after Appleyard and George they rely on a lot from their rookies. Sanderson, Bruce and Ross are great young players but will it be enough. Losing the Cowie brothers is also another factor that will play a big roll in this series in my mind.


My Pick - Klippers in 5 games.

...........

For a preview of the series make sure to the listen to the audio version of the Klipper Report in my post below. Hoping to see you out at the WCEC tonight. It's been a long time coming for junior playoff action in the town !

1 comment:

  1. I had also picked Battleford over Flin Flon but the deciding factor was Musico stole a couple of games that Battleford should have won. In a 7-game series he may steal a couple but I still think La Ronge will win this series. Estevan over Melville I also picked, but I didn't think it would be this close. As for your other choices, I think they are pretty much right on.

    ReplyDelete