Monday, May 2, 2011

Klippers Awards Night Wrapup - Sonntag Gets Scholarship

Well if you were following my twitter feed then you would of known that I was unable to attend the Klippers Banquet this weekend past.

I was having some problems around town because I have to get my plates switched over to Saskatchewan plates since I have Alberta at the moment. I was unable to pass a Saskatchewan inspection due to aftermarket parts on my car. So I took it back home this weekend to get everything switched up only to find that my Halo projector headlights had burnt out and burnt the inside of the headlights making them irreplaceable. So now I have to order in Mazda factory headlights and that will take up to a week so I ended up having to bring back my parents vehicle while they get everything fixed up in Edmonton. Tough predicament but with all the car problems I was unable to make it back to Kindersley in time for Saturday night.

Now I heard from a few people that the Banquet was fantastic and overall a great night that I wish I could of been a part of.

I'm working on getting a full recap of the banquet but for now here are the award winners.

Top Scorer Award - Johnny Calkins
Most Valuable Player Award - Johnny Calkins
Most Valuable Player (Playoffs) - Braeden Adamyk
Scholastic Award - Sean Cahill
Coaches Award - Cody Lund
Most Improved Award - Tanner Kissick
Most Dedicated Award - Justin McDonald
Rookie of the Year Award - Tanner Kissick
Hustler Award - Jordon Hoffman
Top Dman Award - Kurt Leedahl
Community Minded Award - Taylor Wasden
Hiiter Award - Johnathon Sonntag
Plus Minus Award - Johnny Calkins


Players Choice 3 Star Award
1.
Braeden Adamyk
2. Johnny Calkins
3. Sanfred King

Also the Klippers announced on Sunday that Johnathon Sonntag has accepted a full scholarship to the University of Regina.

Here is the SJHL Press Release :
The Kindersley Klippers hockey club is proud to announce defenceman Johnathon Sonntag has accepted a full scholarship at the University of Regina and will play hockey with the Cougars next season. The 20 year old from Goodsoil, Saskatchewan had 19 points in 57 games in the regular season while contributing six points in nine playoff games.
Sonntag is the second SJHL player to announce his intentions to go to the University of Regina and play with the Cougars in Canada West next season. The other is Estevan Bruin Troy Hunter.

----

Congrats to Sonntag, I am sure he is going to be a top notch defensemen for the Cougars. One thing forsure is that he will keep the fans on the edge of their seats with his exciting style of play and bone crushing hits.
I wish the rest of the other twenty year old players the best of luck in their future hockey careers and wish I could of been their to celebrate the night with the team. I will try and keep everyone up to date on all the Klipper happenings throughout the off season. It will likely be fairly quiet until after the RBC but you can expect some trades to be made immediately following the tourneys conclusion.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a fun night. The people who got hypnotized were very funny and I'm sure the board is happy with the great support for their auctions. You missed a fun night. Congratulations to the award winners too. Well deserved all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenden,
    Very sorry that you missed the banquet. It was a great evening and kudos to the committee for a fantastic presentation. The hypnotist was entertaining to say the least!
    Congratulations to the entire organization, the award winners and best of luck to the graduating players. You will all be tough to replace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistake made on the Players Choice 3 Stars
    1. Braeden Adamyk
    2. Johnny Calkins
    3. Sanfred King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone know what is up with the Klipper website?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ullsy, You have a mistake on the 3 stars award
    1. Braeden Adamyk
    2. Johnny Calkins
    3, Sanfred King

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is up with the Klippers website? Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. where is the klipper website

    ReplyDelete