Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Hits

Thursday Hits

Final voting results for the next Klippers Captain:

1. Wasden - 42 votes - (30%)
2. Hoffman - 35 votes - (25%)
3. Duzan - 19 votes - (13 %)
4. Mysiorek - 11 votes - (7 %)
5. McGrath - 10 votes - (7 %)

Some what interesting to see Wasden win the vote over Hoffman, but I do like the idea!

I know all the boys on the team are very close with Wasden. He is a team player that puts the team first. Very likable in the locker room, and is the definition of the cliche, you love to have him on your team but hate to play against him. Wasden gets under the skin of the other players and works his ass off on the ice and would make a great captain.

With that being said, I still believe Jordon Hoffman will be the next Klippers captain. Hoffman is arguably the hardest working player in the SJHL. He is great at both ends of the ice and is well respected around the Klippers organization. The one thing about Hoffman though is that he may not be the most vocal player in the dressing room. He may need to take on a more outgoing roll with the team if he is chosen captain but at the same time his play on the ice will likely do most of the talking.

Someone had commented on the blog about Kissick making a solid Klippers captain. I like that idea but I think it's to soon for the 18 year old. Tanner in my mind will be the future captain of the Klippers and it could be as early as next season.

---

Dan O Conner had started up a poll on his Stars blog as to who will be the leading point getter in the SJHL next season. Thought that was a great idea, which kind of gave me the idea for my next poll question.

Who will be the Kindersley Klippers leading point getter for the 2011- 2012 season ?

The options are

1. Taylor Duzan
2. Jordon Hoffman
3. D Jay McGrath
4. Wheaton King
5. Jarryd  Tenvaanholt
6. Jesse Mysiorek
7. Tanner Kissick
8. Brennan Bosovich

---

In terms of the Klippers things at this point are pretty quiet. Almost to quiet, but I expect that to change shortly with camp drawing near. As much as I love summer I can't wait for the hockey season to start.

---

In the CFL I have been laying down my weekly pics on Twitter. I did not make any picks for week 1 but for weeks 2 and 3 I have went 3 for 4 each week. Riding the hot hand I have decided to lay down some picks here on the blog.

Week 4 :

Hamilton Vs. B.C - I am taking the Tiger Cats in this one. The majority of people are going with the Lions in this one but not this guy. The Lions have done nothing so far this to make me feel like they are going to win this game. The Ti Cats looked good last week, should have some confidence and could have Bruce back.

Winnipeg Vs. Toronto - Winnipeg has looked good so far this season but I like Toronto on home turf this week. More of a hunch than any expertise. Tough start for T.O being on the road for all 3 games this season. Home opener for the Argos and I predict a W.

Edmonton Vs. Calgary 
- This has the makings of a great one. A true test for both clubs. I have been making some money off the Stamps the past two weeks by betting on them to win. Part of me wants to lay down the money on the Stamps again but the other half of me says take my home town team who just so happen to be undefeated so far this season. Calgary has looked suspect this season despite still being 2 and 1 where as the Esks have been dominate and at their best at 3-0. In my mind Calgary still has another level they can take their game to, but will it be enough to beat the Esks? This may be a bit of a homer pick but I am taking the Esks.

Saskatchewan Vs. Montreal - This game could be just what the Riders need or exactly the opposite. A win could turn the Riders season around giving them confidence when they return back home for week 5. Having said that I don't see the Riders winning this game. I think it will be close and the Riders will do some good things but in the end Montreal is just to good of a football team.

Thats it for today, enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Rumor is Larry is going to be the new guy in NB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoffman. Not even close. Duzy and Mysiorek get two of the A's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with either guy wearing the C but according to the last poster it's a done deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Anonymous 1 just started that rumor. Ha Ha. You saw it here first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is just a rumor it is a good one but if it's true remember, you saw it here first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Gerwing traded to Olds???? RRUUMMEERS

    ReplyDelete
  7. - Have yet to hear any truth to the Larry Wintoneak rumor. Will continue to look into it but as of now just speculation.

    - As for Gerwing, yes he has been dealt.

    ReplyDelete